It has been a good year.
I don't do New Years Resolutions. More so, I think about some short term goals and a few bucket list things I would like to do - some personal, some family and some blogging ones.
- Have 12 "Date Nights" with Brett. I am excited to show you how we are going about this. Stay Tuned!
- Take the Five Little Reasons on a road trip to Sydney. I have mentioned before that we are home-bodies. We bloom at home. However, a couple of the Reasons have told us that they are keen on seeing Sydney. I think 2012 is a great year to pack up the Reasons and see a side of our world that we haven't seen.
- Learn how to Kite Surf. You heard me right. I am going to step out of my comfort zone and learn an extreme sport. Ok, so I won't be as extreme in the flesh as I will be in my head... but hey, I am sure you will get a laugh.
- Take a romantic getaway with Brett. We need it. We will celebrate 12 years of marriage in 2012. The last time we had a weekend away was in 2004. I want to sit and have an uninterrupted breakfast date with my hubby. I want to sit and watch the world go buy like we used to do when we were dating. I want to walk along a beach without the worries of Five Little Reasons running amok. I already have a little hideaway place in mind.
- Go to my first Bloggers Conference. Now, I am kind of cheating with this one, as I already have my ticket for the Digital Parents Conference in March. I am so excited and will be staying in a room with Gemma from My Big Nutshell, Daisy from Daisy, Roo & Two, and Jess from Diary of a SAHM. 3 crazy (but gorgeous) girls and me. What have I gotten myself into?! Actually, I think their craziness is just what I need. Going to be so.much.fun.
- I am going to sort through the 5000 pre digital photos/negatives I have siting in a giant box in our walk-in-robe and get them onto my harddrive using the awesome Photo Scanner that my dad bought me for Christmas. I am also going to sort through the 50,000 photos on my 2 harddrives and cut them down by half. Why on earth do I need 25 photos of Oliver blowing out his 3rd birthday candles? 2-3 is enough. This one might take me all year...
- I want to spend less and save more. Most of our money goes to Woolies and Coles. I am going to try and budget better with everyday living. I look forward to sharing with you some ways to cut the grocery bill down! Stay tuned.
- Attend a photography course. I want to take more photos. I LOVE taking photos, but it has really taken a backseat this year. I need to get the Five Little Reasons out to locations more often for photos. One thing my readers keep telling me is that they love my photos. I look forward to bringing you more photos of our life.
- Take the Five Little Reasons on more adventures. Discover more of where we bloom. More bush walks, more picnics, more getting dirty, more breaking rules.
- In 2012, I want to discover more about myself. I have learnt a LOT about who I am, and who I want to be this year. I am looking forward to continuing on the journey of self-discovering. I am going to open up more about this with you as well. I hope you enjoy the ride.
I want to thank you all for reading our story this year. I have learnt a lot in my first year of blogging. I appreciate every single one of you, your comments, your emails and your words of encouragement. I hope you have enjoyed Five Little Reasons and I look forward to sharing more of our story with you in 2012.